NAMIBIA has recorded another three deaths related to Covid-19, health minister Kalumbi Shangula said on Thursday.

Health minister Kalumbi Shangula

Shangula said two people at Walvis Bay and one at Swakopmund died due to the novel coronavirus disease, bringing the country’s Covid-19 death toll to 15.

He added that Namibia has also recorded 112 newly confirmed coronavirus infections over the past day.

Forty-two of the new coronavirus cases were recorded at Walvis Bay, 36 at Swakopmund, 19 in Windhoek, nine at Oshakati, two in the Ohangwena region (Engela included), and one each at Rundu, Omuthiya, Okahao and in Kavango West.

On the Windhoek cases, 11 had no known contact with confirmed cases but all presented with Covid-19 related symptoms, Shangula said.

According to the minister, the Windhoek cases are from different parts of the city, while one of the cases is from Oshakati. Out of the nine Oshakati cases, eight are contacts of confirmed cases.

Shangula also announced another seven people who had been infected with the novel coronavirus have recovered.

The country now has 2 652 confirmed cases, with 563 recoveries and 15 Covid-19 deaths.

Share this